Lien Resolution & MSP Compliance CLE *register today*
Join us tomorrow as we partner with Ametros & WILG to learn* about solutions in claims resolution, MSP compliance, and professional administration.
*CLE Credit available in selected states.
Topics will include:
• New Requirements in Medicare Consent to Release Forms: Beginning on April 1, 2020, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) will require claimants to attest to their understanding of the MSA, submission and related administration via new Consent to Release (CTR) forms.
• Working Through Hold-Harmless / Indemnification Provisions: New York State recently issued a notice indicating the board will no longer approve Sec. 32 (full and final) agreements which include provisions that require a claimant to hold harmless and indemnify a carrier in the event the claimant misspends MSA funds. Todd and Shawn will cover implications and how to reduce exposure while settling claims in instances, either by policy or judge’s discretion, hold-harmless and indemnification provisions aren’t allowed.
• Handling Conditional payments when the claimant is the target. How to reduce exposure to claimants in settlements and how to address post-settlement, when a claimant received a demand or Treasury notice against them.
• Sec. 111 Reporting. Importance of data quality and update on civil money penalties.
HOW TO ATTEND: Join the live program from your office, home, or hotel room using a computer with high speed internet. You may ask questions, participate in surveys, and post comments from your computer during the program. Please note that credit (if available) is only provided to registered attendees participating at their own computer and phone. Simple instructions with a link to the program will be sent when you register and again the day before the webinar.
R E G I S T E R HERE
Thursday, July 16, 2020
(11:00 PT / 1:00 CT / 12:00 MT)
Duration: 75 minutes
- $129 for Guest Group
- $99 for WILG Members & Staff
Todd is a MASSIVE Co-Founder and specializes in connecting clients. An expert in pinpointing and solving problems, Todd is an entrepreneur who has founded and built two successful companies in the personal injury industry. He most recently has helped pioneer our proprietary software system to help manage and efficiently resolve medical lien claims made against personal injury settlements.As Chief Executive Officer of MASSIVE, Todd and his team provide resources to assist attorneys in removing liability and resolving complex medical lien issues in a transparent and expedient manner. As an expert in lien resolution, Todd excels in understanding the subrogation difficulties trial lawyers face daily across the country. He continues to exceed expectations in helping law firms efficiently navigate the maze of lien resolution.
Through marketing, sales, state of the art technology and a high level of customer service, Todd has produced measurable results using disciplined and documented systems. As Todd works to help thousands of clients to receive the advocacy they deserve, he is often sought after to speak at legal industry events across the United States.
Married and the father of two girls, Todd is an active member of his community and a member of several Boards of not-for-profit organizations. Todd enjoys spending time with his family and being in the outdoors.
Shawn is General Counsel and leads our legal team at Ametros. He has over a decade of experience practicing law and in Medicare Secondary Payer (MSP) compliance as an industry thought leader. He was previously Vice President of Medicare Compliance & Policy at ISO Claims Partners. Prior to that he practiced insurance defense litigation and healthcare law.He has been heavily involved with the National Alliance of Medicare Set Aside Professionals (NAMSAP), having served as chair of the webinar and education committees, on the Board of Directors, and was past President in 2017. He was also former executive committee member with the Medicare Advocacy Recovery Coalition (MARC). Shawn is faculty for the Certified Medicare Secondary Payer Professional Program (CMSP).
Shawn is a member of the Massachusetts Bar and is licensed in both state and federal courts in Massachusetts. His law degree is from the Massachusetts School of Law. He also holds a master’s in education from Cambridge College and undergraduate degree from Berklee College of Music. He resides north of Boston with his family and strives to live by the following: “Be Kind. Do Right. Serve Others. Work Hard. Have Fun.”