Legal Nurse - Medicare Set-Aside / Life Care Planner
MASSIVE: Medical and Subrogation Specialists is offering a unique opportunity to join our growing team. We are looking for an experienced Legal Nurse with excellent writing skills to lead our allocation team for Medicare Set-Asides (MSAs) and Future Medical Cost Projections (MCPs). As part of the MASSIVE Operations team, you will help create and adjust processes that will ensure MASSIVE’s customers obtain the correct future medical allocation for their settlements. A thorough understanding of medical compliance, including treatment and prescription guidelines, will allow you to provide excellence through knowledge and service. Expect, on occasion, to testify in depositions and/or trials.
Compensation is commensurate with experience. A cover letter and redacted work samples are requested for consideration.
- Prepare and draft Medicare Set-Asides (MSAs), Medical Cost Projections (MCPs), and other future medical reports requested by MASSIVE’s customers;
- Review medical records and complete complex file review for MSAs and MCPs;
- Serve as a consultant (via telephone and email) to MASSIVE’s customers when reviewing future medicals;
- Execute clear, concise, and thorough medical record summary narratives for inclusion in an MSA or MCP;
- Identify, assess, and document critical elements regarding MSAs and MCPs. Watch for updates in treatment guidelines, prescription guidelines, including compliance with all stakeholders when preparing relevant reports to help encourage positive settlement outcomes;
- Submit MSAs to CMS for approval, respond to rebuttals.
The candidate must be a self-starter with 5+ years of professional experience. Must possess excellent organizational and time management skills. Candidate must have good written and verbal communication and presentation skills with an established track record.
Additional Qualifications include:
- RN License required;
- Certified Nurse Life Care Planner Certified (CNLCP) required;
- Medicare Set-Aside Consultant Certified (MSCC) required;
- Legal Nurse Consultant certification preferred;
- Strong writing skills including excellence with grammar and spelling;
- Medical Coding background and/or certification;
- Ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant;
- Working knowledge of workers’ compensation and no-fault regulations;
- Oral and written communication, including presentation skills;
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products;
- Analytical and interpretive skills;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work in a team environment.
MASSIVE is a business casual setting; however, circumstances may warrant professional dress for depositions or trial testimony. Remote work is available.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary – Commensurate with experience;
- Paid Time Off
- Health Insurance – MASSIVE provides United Healthcare coverage after 90 days;
- Short Term Disability – MASSIVE provides Short Term Disability coverage via Unum after 90 days;
- Dental and Vision insurance coverage available through our group plan; and,
- Remote position or work from home.
Travel may be required as dictated by deposition or trial needs.
Please send a cover letter, résumé, and, redacted work samples with your application.
About MASSIVE: Medical and Subrogation Specialists
MASSIVE: Medical and Subrogation Specialists, provides the critical help law firms need to secure greater recoveries for injured persons, through a transparent, multi-tiered service platform. We combine useful technology such as Microsoft Teams, and our own proprietary CRM platform with hardworking individuals to provide premier lien resolution and settlement support services.
Position: Legal Nurse – Future Medical Cost Allocation Team
Reports to: Operations Manager